I have just finished Smarter Than You Think by Clive Thompson and I love the last two sentences of the book. "How should we respond when you get powerful new tools for finding answers? Think of harder questions."
In the beginning of the internet, computers, and electronics we solved simple problems because we used simple tools. As the tools we invent get better, smarter, and more complex we can solve harder questions and dive deeper into different topics. We cannot just sit back and continue solving simple problems, we must look for new problems that are even more complex that we can solve with our growing technology.
I strongly feel that technology will help us immensely and I am exited to see what new problems we can solve with the technology that is still to come. We might just be able to cure cancer!
Comment below.
-David Yoder
I just started reading Smarter Than You Think and the things that we can do with technology is very beneficial. I read where the computer and human were playing chess and that allowed the human to develop skills so they can beat the computer. Maybe in the future we will have the technology to cure cancer and maybe even more :D.
ReplyDeleteI also finished Smarter Than You Think. Did you like the book?
ReplyDeleteAlso, I agree with what you're saying. It is very tempting to settle into a norm and not venture out and discover anything else. In the early 1900's before televisions, cars, etc. were created some people thought it'd be a good idea to close down the patenting office because they felt that all of the good inventions were in use already. The fact that they are wrong shows that there will always be something greater out there waiting for us, but the question is: How hard are we willing to look for it?