I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Curse or Blessing?

What exactly is technology? Is it a curse or a blessing? This brings up a lot of points!

     Technology is spreading like malady across the country and affecting many children today. You see kids as young as three with an Iphone in hand. Technology is a great distraction and can cause some laziness. I like to believe that technology is power.  And with the world being the way it is, corruption is bound to happen. A small amount of power is a seed of avarice. That hunger for more power just grows and grows until they eventually start to forsake their old ideologies. With all the power they have accumulated they can start a crisis on this planet. Our creation could end up being our destruction.

"The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty, and all forms of human life." -John F. Kennedy

     Technology not only breeds destruction; it breeds innovation. With technology we can do the things we want to do. It opens a new way of learning , creativity, and it sparks a driving force inside that empowers us to do great things. Technology has saved countless of lives. Back then life expectancy was very low and people died around their 40's or 50's. Now people can be living up to 100 years old. Technology also provides us with the ability to connect and share our thoughts with people all over the world. People have incorporated machines into their businesses so that mass production can be enabled.

"Technology is a gift of God. After the gift of life it is perhaps the greatest of God's gifts. It is the mother of civilizations, of arts and of sciences." -Freeman Dyson

     Personally I view technology as neither a blessing nor a curse. I see it as a tool with potential It's all about who has technology and what uses they have for it. What do you view technology as?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your last statement. Technology has good potential but also bad potential. It's all about how the user decides to use their technology.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.