I heart xkcd
Art Project
Thursday, August 21, 2014
No Brain Without Technology
As I progressed through this summer homework assignment, I realized that I have become too dependent on technological devices to function properly. I struggled with spelling many words as I put pen to paper. I realized that spell check and auto-correct is such an influential part of our lives. I became too dependent on those devices that I was unable to spell most words without having to refer to websites or applications. Carr mentions that our brains become accustomed to using the internet and other technological devices. The same way he lacked the ability to read books in depth, I lacked in spelling due to the use and dependence on technology. Though we seem advanced for the technology we are capable of creating, our dependence on them cause us to become of lower intelligence than what we had before. Is it possible that our minds have adapted to so much help that we are incapable of doing simple tasks without technology?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that we have built a dependency on technology. We have programs that will do our research for us and fix our spelling errors. Will we even have to do anything ourselves in the future or will technology take care of it all?
ReplyDeleteI struggle with the same problem. Sometimes when I forget to spell something I go on my phone and use auto correct to find the correct spelling. I think Carr is right when he says technology has changed our brain. We are dependent on the little things in the use of technology. I think technology is making us a bit slower than we usually are.
ReplyDelete