I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Once Great Man

At first, he was a man that could speak against the Ford. He was different from the others and he was an outcast. People believed he wasn't like his peers. We can see he was indeed human because he wanted things he couldn't have. This is why Bernard was an interesting man. He was an unique man who I would admire. Yet I believe he falls into a trap right as he comes home with John and Linda. Now he's a man who sleeps with different women each day and starts to take somnia. Now he's just fitting into a crowd. I believe Bernard was a somebody even if he thought he was a nobody. However everything crashes when John doesn't want to be used by Bernard anymore. Bernard realizes later that he is hypocrite. We get to see Bernard Marx fall from being a creative minded man to a hypocritical man.

3 comments:

  1. I do not think John realized he was being used by Bernard. When John did not want to come out of his room that night I think it was because he was fed up and disappointed by society. He is disappointed in himself due to the feelie he went to with Lenina. John realizes he wants Lenina in a physical way and is ashamed by this. John is more upset with himself than he is with Bernard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernard was an interesting character. You could see how much changed him once he became accepted in society and became more popular with the people in his society. After John stopped doing what he asked, Bernard's fame crashed and he became very unimportant in society

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernard was definitely one of my favorite characters, besides Helmholtz, till after he met Linda and John. I also admired his uniqueness in the story and how he disagreed with the world state. After the fame went to his head I found myself disappointed with him giving into the society he once opposed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.