After reading all of these books I've noticed that the world is overrun by technology. Kids are taught to use technology at a young age. Now a days five year olds have iPhones, iPods, and iPads. These kids think these devices are harmless, but they start to get addicted. Teenagers are always on their smartphones updating their social life. They don't take the time to actually enjoy life. Instead they enjoy life through the eyes of their camera phone. The whole world is corrupted by all these new devices that they have forgotten how the world use to be without technology.
Imagine if one day technology completely just stopped. Most people will over react and won't know how to survive without technology. The youngest generation will have to learn how the oldest generation use to live. Since the youngest generation is always surrounded by technology they would take a longer time to adapt to a technology free world. There won't be anymore television, radio, internet, and cell phones. The youngest generation is so use to these things that coming into a world without technology would be miserable for them. I believe that it would take us years to finally get use to this new era, but it can be possible and we will succeed
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you completely Eileen, when they are just given them they become completely dependent on them. This may be a little off topic but I will still never get over how my 6 year old cousin cried for hours because he got an Ipad 2 instead of an Ipad Mini for Christmas. Now I never see either him or his brother without some form of game or their phones and they have absolutely no idea how to act when using these things are not an option for them.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteYes it's such a shame that kids now a days are just sitting down like a couch potato and just playing on their Ipod or Iphone. Personally I'm glad, I barely have any social media site and even with the one I do have, I barely go on it. I have noticed that instead of people living in the moment, they instead are just on the sidelines recording the moment. I don't think technology is exactly corrupting us, but I do believe we aren't using it in moderation which causes us to view it as a negative thing.
ReplyDeleteI just feel like people should actually live in the moment instead of taking pictures or videos of it. I rarely use my social media to post anything about my life, but from the people I follow I always see them taking videos and pictures of the moment instead of just actually enjoying it with their own eyes. I think people see the world from the eye of the camera more than their actual eye.
DeleteIt's an interesting idea that you bring up, Eileen, that I've kind of thought about before. What if every phone, computer, and other electronic devices disappeared one day. Just, poof! The world would be unstable for a long while. Here's some things I was thinking about in a world suddenly without technology:
ReplyDeleteWhat would happen to all those people with jobs involving electronics?
What about 911? Without phones, the emergency 911 call would be useless!
How would the U.S. military suffer?
What about our food? Could the farmers that feed us still function without being able to call to confirm an order, pay for materials online, and communicate with shipping companies?
Would big store names, like Walmart, Costco, and Target completely collapse and be replaced by mom-and-pop self sufficient stores?
How would politics change?
Anyways, these were just some food for thought questions. Good ideas Eileen!