I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Technology In A New Light

Before I read these three books I thought little about how technology is influencing us, but now I see it in a new light. Postman’s AOTD and Thompson’s STYT are two books that have completely different ideas on how technology is influencing our society. Technology in STYT is seen as a remarkable thing that has helped influenced our lives for the better, while in AOTD technology is seen as something that is starting to take over lives and that will lose ourselves to. Huxley’s BNW is different to these two as it is a fiction book. Huxley warns readers of the dangers will come if we continue using technology the way we are. I now appreciate what technology has done to us, but we have to be careful in the ways we use it. 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. We must use technology carefully and as a tool. Not as something we use to cure boredom. When technology is used the right way who knows what knowledge we could gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be difficult for us, but we need to learn to control our use of the internet and not let ourselves get carried away. Technology can be used for good things, but it becomes bad once we overuse it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.