It seems that a lot of us has been posting about the way
these books have “opened my eyes” or “made me realize…” And, I’m one of those
people too who has learned a lot by reading these books. It’s amazing how much
I’ve grown as a person this summer just by becoming more educated in the ways
that our technology is affecting us. Anyway, a lot of people has also posted
about how our future can become like that of the World State or something. I
guess what I’m trying to say is that we should really share what we’ve learned to our
fellow peers and basically anyone we know. I think that the overall messages of
these books is to be weary of the path we are on, and by telling others about
what we have learned from this, we can raise awareness, and as Postman stated, “awareness
is the key.” Maybe somehow we can make a difference. There may not be a lot of
us, but hey, it has to start somewhere right? Also, we should all learn to take break from our devices, its good to be able to just think for awhile with a clear mind and you know smell the roses or something without a text or notification interrupting.
I agree with you Mary, no matter how reliant we are on technology it is always nice to take a break and enjoy life. It is almost impossible to actually enjoy life if you are constantly distracted by your mobile device or other electronics.
ReplyDelete