I heart xkcd
Art Project
Friday, August 22, 2014
The World State
After reading Brave New World I realized how technology can change our every day life. In the World State everything is run by technology. The only place that has no technology is the Reservation. Well our world isn't that different from the World State. Our technology may not be that advanced, but it sure is everywhere around us. When you're at the park you see kids and adults on their phones playing games or checking their social media. Our technology is different than the technology in the World State, but we are no different than the citizens in the World State. We are just as dependent on our technology as they are. I'm afraid that later in the years everything around us will be technology. I feel like one day in the future our world will be pretty similar to the World State because just keeps on advancing. If people use their devices less they can become less dependent on them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have you watched the movie Warm Bodies?
ReplyDelete-assumes you have-
Do you remember the opening scene when you hear R say that "people could communicate," but everyone was on their phone or tablet?
-assumes you do-
That's what the book reminded me of while I was reading it.
-assumes you enjoyed my opinion-
I see how the book reminded you of this. I never would have thought of this.
Delete