I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Final Realization

Down to the last minute, I was rushing to finish up. Even though I've had to rush through the work, I found so many new things from the three books. Things I would have never thought probably without reading these books. These authors bring up so many ideas that everyone should know. We see technology being a burden, but it is also a blessing. Yes most of are on phones, computers or tablets. But it can be beneficial to us. We can learn better through online videos and get information whenever we want with Google. As well we can connect to family from across the world to long lost friends. However there are down sides on having technology. People just slack off because they have been on Tumblr for hours. Technology is advancing fast enough that sooner or later we'll be completely controlled by the modern technology. There needs to be a harmony between our use of technology and our own humanity. Like Wall-E and how everyone is big and all they do is sit, eat and look at their monitors. We can change but the thing is do we have the will to do so?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, you stated that humans can change, which is obviously true. But you asked, "Do we have the will to do so?"

    In our world where technology has become a norm in the lives of most individuals of our first world, some people don't even realize that technology serves as a limiting factor itself. The rapid transfers of information have led our minds to interpreting this information only briefly, as we desire to continue over to the headline of the next.. of the next.. of the.. next. And yes, people due tend to slack off because technology has infiltrated our lives personally. Does this laziness prevent us from willing to even change? Have we been caught so deep into technology that it is so difficult to make a difference now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, we can change things, but I think that if everyone is truly blinded by technology, they won't even realize that we need to change. I don't think it's much about will. It's about knowing that you actually need change. You are right in saying that these authors bring up ideas that everyone should know. The problem is that a lot of people like you and I have never heard of these ideas before. They're not popular enough, and more people need to know about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is immensely accurate! Like most people say and I agree with, technology has both it's good and bad sides. Sadly, I feel like our generation has been leaning towards the wrong side. All I hear are kids (including me) wasting hours upon hours on social media sites and not doing anything productive with the internet. There are so many countless blessings the internet has given us, and we could learn and do so much with it. Like you said, the only thing is, do we have the will to do so? For our generation, I think not yet. We are so in the hype of social media and distracting apps that we don't have the drive to do what would be best. It's going to take a while before we finally stop the unproductiveness and actually do something, well, productive.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.