I heart xkcd
Art Project
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Man versus Machine
Machines have proven to be very useful and very efficient ever since they've first risen. They are a tool we use in our everyday lives from the smallest tasks to the important matters at hand. What are the benefits of using a machine? Well, machines don't make as much mistakes as humans and even if a machine were to make a mistake you can always just reprogram it and it will come back new and improved! Machines allow us to to travel across the world and experience new things. With machines we can create music. The soft, serene melody can help us in our darkest of times.We use technology as a form of entertainment. It makes living life happier and less stressful!
However, I like to think of man being better due to the fact that we created them. I understand that we are humans and we make mistakes but we are able to understand and learn from those mistakes and come back stronger than ever. We as sentient beings are given the gift of emotion. I believe that emotions alone, are what makes us stronger. It ignites our soul and sets our hearts on fire; it gives us the will to live and carry on in our every day lives. Some people say that emotions are useless and just a hindrance to our ability, but emotions are what make us who we are. It's what distinguishes us from machines. It's what makes us better. It's what being alive is.
"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man." -Elbert Hubbard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are better than computers on an emotional level but, for quick calculations I would say computers are better.
ReplyDeleteIt depends on how you want to approach this. You could definitely say that computers are better than humans for obvious reasons. They don't fatigue, they don't have to be paid, and they work thousands of times more quickly than humans. But I think that humans are better because they are the ones who programmed the computers. What Thompson was saying is that if we combine the rational thinking of man with the quick and powerful calculations of computers, the two will have great synergy.
ReplyDelete