Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World has got to be the strangest
book on a dystopian future that I have ever read. Most of the books that I read
involve a dystopian future such as the Divergent Series and Matched series;
however, I never thought I would about a dystopian society such as this. This
society is very technologically advanced, and their world is full of “happiness”.
Humans are decanted and raised in hatchery centers and they are genetically
designed to fit into a caste. There is no pain, hatred, or attachments in this
world. Women are treated as sex objects and sex is seen as a recreational
activity. The citizens of this world see nothing wrong with this society, and
are “happy” under the stable society. These are things that we never think
would happen in our society, but Huxley warns that we should learn to control
technology so we will not become like them.
I loved the Matched series. I've also read many books on dystopian societies, but I agree that Brave New World took dystopian to a whole new level. I think that the way children were raised is what I found odd. The fact that children were taught to have sex recreationally very young was by far the strangest part to me. Children of higher ranks were also taught to look down on those in the levels beneath them. They created their Utopia by conditioning and instilling their ideas in infants. Sure, in every dystopian book children are raised by the governments beliefs. The World State used a more peculiar method.
ReplyDelete