I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Thursday, August 21, 2014

procrastination because of technology

I know I am not the only one that gets distracted very easily. I have to admit that doing this summer AP english homework got really boring at times. More than enough times I found myself going on the laptop, listening to music, or going on my phone when I should have been reading or writing.  It was a challenge to leave my phone in another room to do my work because I kept on thinking what is going on that I am missing? What if someone texted me? What if I got a snapchat? While reading "The Shallows" by Nicholas Carr, it kind of gave me more of an ease about not touching my phone for long periods of time. I realized how technology has taken a big part in my life and it is causing more harm than assisting my life. It is definitely not healthy to be on the Internet every second of the day.

1 comment:

  1. I am the exact same way. I found myself scrambling at the last minute to finish everything up because I focused too much on my phone. Granted, I needed a break here and there, but the break turned into a two your break on the Kim Katdashian game. Technology is so ridiculous, but so addicting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.