I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Losing Our Childhood

My grandmother likes to tell us stories of her childhood in El Salvador. She talks about how they invented their own games and lived "like kids". She was saying how now a days kids aren't being kids because of technology. She made a good point, as many of you guys know, little kids even if they are two, play with tablets or phones instead of playing outside and getting dirty or playing dress up. I'm not saying that children don't play, I'm saying that most of them prefer to stay inside to play games on tablets. I think that kids are losing their childhood by not playing. Traditional play, triggers kids  to use there imagination to make a game out of throwing a rock etc., but with technology everything has already been set up, all the rules and leaves nothing to be imagined. Kids even make tantrums in order to get there parents phones, this shows how we are so obsessed with technology even at a young age. Kids need to start using their imaginations, play with mud. Kids need to be Kids again.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like kids prefer to play with technology more because of all the bright colors in the games and the characters. I think they find it more entertaining, but it's a problem. You're right that kids aren't playing as kids use to play in the past. I have a cousin that's seven now and his room is filled with video games. He prefers to play with the video games than playing outside. More and more kids are choosing technology than out door games. I also find it funny how the television tells kids to go play outside yet they also tell kids to watch their shows. I see so many little with iPods and cell phones, but what ever happened to the toy phones? Kids aren't expressing themselves as much as they use to because of technology.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.