Jeremy Aban posted a video on how automated robots and program can possibly, in the future, replace us human beings. As I watched this it reminded me of an article of Popular Science that I read quite a while ago. This article is about some good jobs that robots can take over and it can benefit human beings. For example, they can take the dangerous place of firefighters because they are not affected by heat or smoke like human beings, they can go into hazardous environments unlike us and come out completely fine, they can take the place of soldiers in dangerous battlefields to allow safe reconnaissance. All of these could allow many lives to be saved. I believe this a very good use for robots.
http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-01/how-build-hero
This is the article if it interests you. What do you think? Would this be a good change?
I'm wondering, what is your opinion on the robot soldiers in the battlefield? If both sides had robots, which means robot versus robot, would anything be accomplished?
ReplyDeleteI would hope that the robots aren't programmed to stalemate. I mean, can't robots destroy robots? Aren't there robot deathmatch competitions?
DeleteHugh Jackman already showed us that future. Come on, guys.
DeleteI don't believe anything would be accomplished. I think that the only thing that would happen is that the war would continue until one army runs out of supplies, and by supplies I mean robots. A war like that would simply be a race of mass production.
DeleteSurprisingly, I agree with you. Being able to use robots and put them in place of humans in dangerous situations would be wonderful. So many lives would be saved and countless tragedies would be avoided. Although, there's always that thought in my head where robots could possibly take over the world and just kill us all. Even though that's not really probable, there is still one problem. Replacing people with robots will then throw thousands and thousands of people out of the job, where would they go from there? This would call for a horrible situation of jobless people with no where to go. Yes, it's safer for humans if robots took the dangerous jobs, but where would that leave the humans?
ReplyDelete