I heart xkcd
Art Project
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
The Internet and Scatterbrains
As I read The Shallows, and Amusing Ourselves to Death, I realized their ultimate goal of making me comprehend the utter resonance the media and the internet has toward society and the human population. For example, as I sat down and spent around two hours on the internet - tumb1r, YouTube, review websites - I decided that that was enough and thought of working on one of my many stories. I closed the internet window and opened Word to start working. But then, I realized I didn't know where to start. I had SO MANY ideas bottled up inside. Inspirations, insights, and motivations were all so tightly packed inside me I was simply too scatterbrained to know where to start. I knew what I wanted to incorporate, but where? I haven't started this story yet, but I know how it should end! These scene should happen in the middle. Where can I fit this one? How is this going to work out? I really want to get this point across but in which story? This character is really cool-looking, but what is his personality going to be? All of these ideas just scrambled, with no organization whatsoever. It's getting harder and harder to focus on one idea at a time since I am too eager to get to the next one. I have found the internet may be to blame for this because of its incessant idea-tossing. What about you? Have you felt more scatterbrained or disorganized as you spend more time on the internet? More inspiration, I'm sure, is fantastic, but too much at once may become a problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree. The internet itself is a scatter. Every article you visit will had ads, links, pictures. I feel as if the nature of the internet has grown onto me because of my constant use. The internet has been a distraction and has always kept my train of thought in different places.
ReplyDelete