I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Friday, August 22, 2014

Procrastination

I procrastinated a lot on this blog because I enjoyed writing more than blogging. The good thing about blogging was seeing everyone's opinions on the books. I feel like we all had similar opinions, but we wrote them in our own way. Also some people's posts were things I never really thought about, but I soon got to see what they meant.
All of our minds grew by reading these books. As teenagers we procrastinate while doing work because we're usually on our phones or get distracted by television. I will admit that I got distracted while doing this assignment. I heard my phone buzz and I admittedly stopped what I was doing just to check what it was. Over time as I finished the books one by one I got less distracted by the technology around me. I realized how technology was easily addictive to people. I still use technology a lot in my daily life. I feel like its become a routine for me to check instagram every morning as soon as I wake. After reading those books I realized this was a problem. I'm learning to get less distracted by the life on the internet and television and focus on my actual life. Since summer is coming to an end I decided to stay off my phone and actually go outside and enjoy life.      

1 comment:

  1. This might sound crazy, but I actually procrastinated in the exact opposite way. I tried reading the books, but I kept on going on to this blog and reading what other people thought of the books. I rationalized my procrastination by thinking that reading the blog wasn't actually procrastination because the blog was part of the requirements. Of course, this ended up with me having to work overtime to finish the books. However, I don't regret reading the blogs! It was a fun experience seeing other people's thoughts and opinions!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.