I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Men vs. Women

After I was done reading Brave New World I was disgusted with the fact that the women were being mistreated and they did not even know it. In this world, women did not give birth to other humans because they were sterilized. Their most important purpose was to be there to sexually please men. They did not birth to other humans because they were sterilized. I was thinking why is it that men always get the respect and power. If it was the other way around I just wonder how the world will be. Would it change at all? What do you guys think?

4 comments:

  1. I also noticed that the men seen to have more power in the novel. They hold more important positions in the World State. Also, there aren't as many alpha females as males. If the women had more power in the World State, I don't think there would be much change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the World State, I doubt that there would be much of a difference. Women and men have the same conditioning, so they would have the same social ideals and goals.
    In our current society, if all leaders were women, life would be much different. Women just think so differently then men. I don't know really know what exactly makes men and women so different, I just know that differences exist. I am now really intrigued to know what would happen if America was run solely by women...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I believe men are given a lot more power due to the fact that men are often seen as stronger and fit to rule. People often generalize women as being too emotional to be able to run things. I personally think that if our world was ran by women it would be a bit better. I know i may be generalizing but women are often seen as more peaceful and loving. Not to mention women are known to mature faster than men. A lot of men don't even think with the head on the shoulders. They think with the head on their lower half... Sorry if that is inappropriate but it's true.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.