I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The choice

If your going post, why not now than later right? Well after reading the first couple chapters of Brave New World    and I started to think, ' what if this really happens' what if you automatically become sterile. What if we do not get to choose to have kids or not and that the whole process in done all mechanically. In a sense where they can multiple the amount of children you can get from one egg. Its a crazy thought and you never know if it'll truly happen. Well probably not but you never know. A lot of thing would have to change for it to happen like medically and our government system. Yet as humans, we like to have a choice. Like at McDonald's, there is not just one item, there is many to choose from. As well as the emotional idea of putting babies in such pain. As well as being put into a social class on the way you're born. I mean yes there was the caste system but imagine that and times it by 1000. People like to be able to choose their social status and being born into it because the way you are treated as an embryo is not it.

2 comments:

  1. The thought of this actually happening is pretty scary. I, personally, believe that it is highly unlikely though. Humans are born with the ability to make choices, it's what makes us human. We have the ability to choose what we like and what we don't like, the people who surround us, and the person we would like to be. Without having options like those, living life almost seems unbearable. If there was ever a person who thought something like this would be a good idea, I have no words for how insane i feel that person would be. In this book, I can't imagine what it was like for the people who had to live through the transition phase of turning people sterile. I would be morbidly afraid for the future. Sadly, no one in the future would know what it's like to have choices, so they won't understand how wonderful it is to have them. Reading about all this makes me appreciate the opportunities we have today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like your post was kind of all over the place but you mentioned a lot of good things. It is a pretty scary thing to think about. The thought of being taken away the ability to choose and not be able to question because you don't know any better. Imagine there only being McDonalds and there being only one item. This doesn't give much of a choice or space to question anything. I believe that the ability to make your own decisions and to lead your own life is one of the things that make you human, and I would very much like to believe that the people of the future will not be ones to give up their humanity.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.