I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Societies With Similarities

          In dystopian science fiction, those who control society are always aware of alternative ways of living, but do not take them into consideration, for they believe their society is of the most sufficiency possible.  As I read Brave New World, I tend to compare our society's mindset with the perception of the fictional characters that live in the World State.  Though the world we live in is full of blatant unhappiness and tragedy, it is inevitable that imperfection exists.  Dystopian societies either censor or brainwash their people into believing their lifestyle is the only way and that all alternatives lead to chaos.  Within both the real world and fictional world created by Huxley, it has come to my attention that we share a mutual attitude in which we both live as though our societies are as substantial as they possibly can be.  Though people do strive to make changes in the world we live in, the majority takes in and sustains what is considered normal.  I believe that we are not much different from what we hypocritically consider a corrupted society in these dystopian novels due to our common fear of the unknown and our desire to maintain stability as we see it.  Feel free to comment your opinion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.