I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Friday, August 8, 2014

Isn't it ironic?

As I was reading some of these posts talking about how technology is a big part of our lives, I realized how true it is. The internet is used everywhere and for pretty much anything including homework! Many school assignments are required to be turned in online and/or done online including the summe AP English homework. I find it ironic that all of the books we are required to read talk about the effects of technology and how it has changed us and here we are using it once more to blog about the effects of technology! This just proves that our culture uses the internet for precisely everything. In my opinion, I believe some people do over use hand held devices way too much. It basically consumes lives because people are always on their phones. Even computers may be over used but hand held devices are more common. We become slaves to our own things. My question here is why? Why does technology play such a big part in our culture? And why are people so attached?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brianna! I agree so much with your statement that you are making. However, I believe that technology plays such a big part in our culture because it is a new era. Things are changing, especially in the technology world. We're becoming so modern, that we just can't help to try and experiment with these devices, especially our hand held ones. We've just become so caught up in trying to modernize everything that we don't realize that we've become so attached along the way. Consequently, it has made a huge impact in our lives for the good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand held devices (cellphones, for example) are extremely common due to those very words in its name - "hand held". Due to their size, we are easily able to commute back and forth, bringing our portable devices with us. Cellphones most indefinitely make life easier for us, especially for getting in contact with people. We are able to use the internet, GPS, etc. However, like television, cellphones are merely portable forms of entertainment. That isn't a bad thing, unless it is abused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also found it ironic that our homework assignment is partly to use the internet when our books are about technology and such. Anyways, like Kristine said, it's common because of its easy access. Wait, she basically already said everything I would've said. But honestly, it really is due to the way it makes life easier. Turning in a homework online saves paper and ink, having a GPS saves the time it would take to actually look at a map, and even texting someone is easier than writing a letter and sending it. We rely so much on technology lately and I don't know how we'll ever survive without them anymore. You got to wonder how people managed to survive back then.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.