Well I must say I am impressed so far by Huxley's fictional world that seem to be a perfect parallel of today's world (to me). Okay, maybe not perfect but still. When you think about it nothing in Brave New World doesn't happen in our society. People have children through other methods than intercourse, we have a caste system that can be easily determined by a person's clothing, and we all play a role in society whether we enjoy it or not. Also, we all have some type of soma. Whether it's an actual drug or just ice cream and Netflix, we all have something that we all retreat to when times get tough to avoid feeling the unpleasant feelings that arise occasionally. Another thing, we are all conditioned. As children we were all told "Don't touch that","Don't eat that!","Just don't do that!" and many more dos and don'ts. Although, a lot of it makes sense to us and just seems logical, in Huxley's world, their conditioning is perfectly reasonable and perfectly logical.
Sorry this post doesn't have a lot to it because I'm not too deep in it yet. I just thought about this and thought is was intriguing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.