I know Michelle M already made a post about the video, "I Forgot My Phone", but I really liked the video and I wanted to talk about it again. The video shows different scenes and in every one of them, a person does not have their phone, but their friends and people surrounding them do. The video sadly spoke to me because I related to a couple of the scenes. I know we have all been at dinner and seen a group of people all on their phones. Hey, that group may be you and your friends. This always happens in my own family. Even though I am a teenager, and everyone expects us to always be on our phones, most of the time at dinner, I get off of my phone. Sometimes while I am eating, I will look up and see my mom looking at her phone on Facebook and my dad checking all of his business emails. It is pretty sad that sometimes we are too busy looking at our phones instead of having good quality family time.
In one scene, two people just have taken a hike and they are overlooking an amazing view. While the girl is enjoying it, the guy is on his phone talking to someone not even caring about what is in front of him. I see similar situations like that while I am at concerts. Yes, I admit, I do take a lot of pictures and videos while my favorite band or artists is performing, but most of the time, I like to stop and just enjoy the music. I want to physically see my favorite band with my eyes, not just on a little screen. Sometimes, I see people who are taking pictures and videos the whole time. They are so busy trying to capture the moment on their phone, while they don't even enjoy what is actually happening. In the video, they show a short scene of a little girl looking at her phone while sitting on a swing. More and more kids are starting to get addicted to the internet and TV at such an early age. It is sad how much our lives are spent looking at a little screen instead of enjoying life and living in the moment.
I totally agree with your blog, Amy. Reading the experiences that people have had with being on their phone makes me cherish life even more. Personally, I would rather live in the moment than spending that moment trying to record it on my phone so I could replay it over and over. Although it is a good idea to try and capture the scene and replay it on technology, I believe that it would be a better idea to replay the memory in your head. Even though you could share that memory with others if it's on our gadgets, I wouldn't want to spend that whole event recording.
ReplyDeleteHi Amy. I have actually been thinking about posting something like this. It is absolutely true that children are starting to become addicted to technology at a young age. My family is even guilty of it. This week I went to go visit my family in San Diego and I realized that their lives revolve around cellphones, iPads, and the internet. All of my younger cousins constantly kept asking me to borrow my cellphone for games, and my older cousins were on their cellphones the entire time. I told them that we should all put our phones away for the day, but they all refused.
ReplyDeleteEveryone is always on their phones now and it makes me anxious to see what we are becoming. Like you said, we are no longer living in the moment. We're so caught up in our phones that we often forget what's happening around us.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to Jocelyne. I have a younger cousin who, due to having an overworked mother, would always be given an Ipod so he wouldn't be a bother. Unfortunately, he was instantly hooked and there isn't a moment where I don't see an Ipod with a broken screen or an Iphone in his hand. I would condemn my aunt for doing this to him, but I would be a hypocrite because most of the time I have my smartphone at my hand too. I could be starting on my homework or cleaning the house but I refuse to put my smartphone down even though I have a really bad headache. Technology can be addicting and young children need to be educated about it so that they can take extra precautions. (Typo on original comment).
ReplyDeleteYou make an excellent point how kids are getting hooked on internet at a younger age. It could be due to the fact that technology is increasing by the minute. So now its harder to block or ignore the internet or any electronics because we have so many ways to be online. Whether its on your phone or on your computer, you're never too far from the internet
ReplyDeleteIn this era of technology dominating our lives, I do see your point in terms of adults ignoring their company as well as children wasting their irreplaceable childhood. I also fall a victim to technology's compelling attraction to some extent, but I look up to see others utterly consumed by their phones unable to answer simple questions being asked by a person sitting next to them. What I believe puts us teenagers from children today is our real life experiences that have shaped our personalities in a way that gives us more of an advantage. Children today whose lives are dominated by technological devices and spend more time on tablets than a playground might possibly lack social skills and common sense. For others, I would say that the communication skills we have obtained are slowly becoming obsolete or too dependent on social media networks rather than face to face interactions.
ReplyDelete