I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Monday, August 4, 2014

AF: #justsayin

Do you see how Hanna wrote, "replies are coolness" in her previous post?  They are.  But nobody ever replies to me.  Why is that?  Are you guys scared of me or something?  Or are you just snobs?

11 comments:

  1. Lol, I don't think we're trying to be snobs, and we're not really scared of you, just the idea of talking to a teacher that most of us have only met once or twice. I think it's just easier to reply to the classmates you've grown up with because we're all kind of in the same boat, so there's no fear of judgement there. But when you talk to a teacher, especially one you're not too familiar with, it's nerve-racking the first few times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me I would read your posts and accept them as truth or being correct and I never questioned them so I did not felt the need to comment. Maybe the other students felt the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, as Lina said, it feels a bit odd to talk to a teacher on a blog. I don't think I've ever talked one of my teachers on the internet before, and I wouldn't be surprised if some students were intimidated by you because you're the one that decides who is in the class. Have you ever thought about making a new account with a fake name? I think it would be an interesting experiment that would yield unbiased comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, that would be dangerous, don't you think? That whole "fake name" business makes me think of the case I heard when I was on jury duty, which I said I would never talk about on the blog, and here I am doing it.

    David, thank you for that generous interpretation of my students' silence. And Robert, I don't decide who gets into the class...it's really up to the individual. I don't reject anyone who does the work. There are 87 people on the blog, but as you can see for yourself, only a small percentage of that number is actually posting.

    I was kidding (mostly) when I called you kids snobs...I was hoping to draw a response. Truth be told, twice my posts did draw a comment or two. But most of the time, I write and I'm looking for a response, just like anyone else. But I rarely get it. So, thanks Lina, David and Robert for jumping in. I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I should just accept your comments. When I read them I think, "She's got a good point," but I feel intimidated to reply because, well, I've never really met you. Personally, talking to ANY teacher is quite frightening sometimes, Especially if I've never met them in person. It isn't any easier on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way...I presented that post as a logical fallacy called Either/Or...this logical fallacy presents two possible options for the answer (you're scared/you're a snob), when in reality, there are dozens of other possible answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand why some students will be scared to talk to a teacher they haven't meet before,you wonder if your comment will stand out amongst other students ,or if it is interesting enough. It can be quite nerve-racking even behind a keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Personally, I see your posts as a good opportunity to discuss anything I agree or disagree with. I've always loved a good controversial topic. Unfortunately for me, i have not been able to be very active on the blog due to family issues and whatnot. I will agree with the people above though. You do make some very good points.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm scared that's why!!! Teachers are always mean to me!!! I'm like the most quietest person ever and like I never disrupt class. I'm always contributing whenever I can! I'm always helpful. I definitely do not give the teacher sass at all. I'm like really positive in class. I'm always on task!!! I NEVER talk to people I'm sitting next too. I'm like the perfect student!
    /sarcasm
    On a serious note I don't really reply cause most teachers, well they don't dislike me, they just yell at me a lot cause of my behavior. It's always my fault though that I get yelled at so I don't blame them for yelling. They start to yell even more cause I usually have a smirk on my face. Out of all the people in this blog I think this reason only applies to me. <.<

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tend to get in trouble when I talk to teachers, mafia thugs, and archaeologists. I'm rather fond of my internal organs, so I've been trying to stay quiet recently.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.