(Not to be counted as an official post. Just a rant.)
At this point, I've already finished all of the paper homework for this class. The only thing I have left to do is this blog. In a state of dehydration and boredom, I reread the instructions for the blog, and I saw something interesting. The instructions stated that you needed to start four threads, not just blog posts. I assume this means that others need to have commented on the post for it to count as a thread, and as credit for the blogging assignment. Besides Ms. Fletcher, no one has commented on any of my posts. Not a single one of you. Now, I know this is going to seem like the endless complaining that you're used to hearing from me, but if my interpretation of the instructions was correct and other people have to comment on my post to count for credits, I'm going to be in a very massive clustercuss because of you guys. Even if you didn't have to comment on a post for it to count for credits, it still sort of hurts to see other people with twelve or more comments by different people, because it means that those people didn't want to take the time to comment on my posts. I was excited to start this blog because I thought that other people would find my ideas at least mildly interesting or something for once in my life, but it seems like you people are trying to avoid me just like you do at school. -Deep breath- So there you have it. Here's my opinion. Feel free to ignore this post just like the other three I made. Have fun scrambling to get your work done in these last three or four days days of work.
josh I haven't read any of your work but I'll be happy to find it and discuss your ideas.
ReplyDeleteI know you mean. No one replies to me either,no one even replies to my comments. Even in a long string of back and forth comments, mine would be somewhere in the middle, all alone. It makes me sad. Maybe I'm saying weird things. Maybe I make no sense. My posts know how your posts feel.
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to reply to your (or everyone's haha) comment, but I've been trying to catch up on the writing assignments. Sorry about that. D:
DeleteSorry about not commenting on your posts Josh. I haven't been on much lately but I would also be happy to discuss your ideas as Jordan said.
ReplyDeleteI don't believe people are deliberately ignoring you. A lot of people have started late such as myself and many are commenting on the most recent posts they see, so I'm sorry that you feel that way. There will always be someone who shares the same ideas as you, but maybe they just haven't found your posts on the blog yet.
ReplyDeleteJosh, I do hope for conversation "threads," but I certainly won't count it against you if nobody comments on your posts. I don't know your social history, but I wouldn't take it personally. I was complaining about this earlier this summer too. Few people will comment on what I post. If you READ some of the comments, you might feel better. Many of them don't make much sense, or don't contribute anything of substance. You can see the writer thinking, "my fourth comment. I'll just say something nice and get out."
ReplyDeleteHowever, it is interesting to examine this kind of thing. What kind of posts get the most comments? Who posts them? Has the blog turned into a popularity thing, or is it possible that some of your posts go over the heads of your peers?