I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Finally We Finished

     I think we're all glad this summer homework is finished. I've learned so much from reading all three books and really thinking about what each author had to say. It totally changed my perspective on technology and how even though it is helpful, it might be ruining our generation and future generations to come. All three authors have made an attempt to warn us about what is happening to us and what might happen if we let technology become a large part of our life.
     Even though I've understood what the authors are saying, I still know it's going to be hard to stop letting technology rule my life. Like even today, I was hanging out with friends and I constantly checking my phone for no reason. It was until someone mentioned to me that I kept looking at my phone that I tried hard to stop, but I still continued to check on my phone for messages or notifications.
     We've learned what the authors were trying to say and now it's our job to put their words into action. It takes only one leader and one follower to make everyone else join in. Even though I've enjoyed reading these books, I'm happy we all finished.

5 comments:

  1. At this point of our lives, if we have depended on technology as some sort of way to pass time, it will definitely be difficult to stop technology from serving as a primary factor of how we live our life.

    Nicholas Carr, Aldous Huxley, and Neil Postman have changed my view of technology in just a few short months. Even though I am still addicted to being on my computer, I have recently been reflecting off the readings whenever I am typing or just sitting in front of my screen in general.
    I'm glad to have done this summer homework, and pretty much most of us should be. We ALL learned something, no matter whether it is relevant or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This summer homework is finished, but we still have other AP homework to attend to. :(
    Like you said yourself, I completely understand what the author's are saying, however I (along with many others) are addicted to technology. It's become a part of our lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't remind me. I procrastinated on this homework and the last few days were stressful. At least this is one AP out of the way. Besides that, I agree. These books have opened our eyes to the problems that come with technology. Now it's up to us whether or not we decide to act on it.

      Delete
  3. Wow, people smarter than I am procrastinated and I didn't? o_0
    Please don't make me the mature one in the class. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure Ms. Fletcher made a thread about how there's not necessarily any virtue in starting earlier than other people, and I don't think that procrastination is an indication of maturity but rather an indication of prioritization.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.