I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Life in the World State for Women

In Brave New World I was very intrigued on the role of women in the World State. They are just treated as sex objects. They are not mothers because they do not have children. In life, mother’s now a days are seen “meat” as Bernard Marx states because women are sometimes taken advantage of for sex. Society today, and even in some cases people don’t have sex for love they do it for pleasure because women are getting taken advantage of. As Lenina chases after Bernard Marx, she thinks it’s okay to have sexual relations with others even if they have only been dating for a month. In this society there is no family, no wife/husband and no marriage. I mean it’s their business if they want to be with someone different everyday because the women take pills so they don’t get pregnant or any sort of disease, but if you decided to see other people in our world I am sure you will be judged and be name called. I agree a lot with what Fanny says a ton “Everyone belongs to everyone else.” I feel that there is no self respect in the World State, I know this world is like freedom and all with no violence, poverty, and no sadness but should you really be giving yourself to every man that comes your way?

2 comments:

  1. Unless women get raped they have a choice whether to have sex or not. It is the individual woman's choice whether she wants to be "meat" or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the situation of being part of the world state's society there IS NO self respect at all, thats what one of the "benefits" are because you are technically not your own person. kinda like there is no mourning for dead people they are close to. In addition, its not really """giving yourself up""" , you are not handing them your body and soul. It is not the females' fault for growing up in a society that teaches having sex is not a big deal (i mean even little kids are engaged in this "erotic play"). And in the big picture, this is part of what keeps everyone happy: the idea that sexual activity isn't a problem like it is in OUR real world.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.