After reading the summer books, I noticed that social media is a big distraction in our lives. Everyone checks their social media websites daily to find entertainment by talking with friends or just looking at things they're interested in. Social media websites have been essential for people around the world to communicate by just being on the internet. It became a more convenient e-mail. Everyone can just make an account on Facebook and contact with relatives across the world. We've now been accustomed to this and treat it as a part of daily life.
Life without social medias would also be beneficial. Although we can communicate very well and entertain ourselves, we also have negative effects of social medias.
According to NEWS ARTICLE we would be able to maintain personal privacy, waste time less, maintaining a personal image, and focus on "real" communication. People tend to get carried away with social media and get serious over the internet and making it a problem instead of a positive element in our lives.
What if we never had or experienced social media websites? How would life be?
:)
I think if social media was not around, I would live life normally and how I do everyday but there is a reason to why I could. Simply put, I have no social media accounts. For me, I don't want to spend time on social media talking to my friends when I could easily go somewhere with them and hangout in person. In my opinion I think social media is a distraction and just as the books that we are reading mentions, social media has changed the way we think. Most people are anxious to know what is going on in social media and whenever they are not on social media, they feel like they are missing out on important news. I really do wonder what life without social media would be like.
ReplyDeleteIf we never had social media I believe life would just revert back to the way it was before when technology wasn't so popular. Back then people were able to live just fine and happily. Most often people read books for entertainment. Instead of emailing each other or texting we would probably end up writing letters. It may seem a bit out of the norm today, but I'm sure we'd be able to adapt to that new type of environment.
ReplyDelete