I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Monday, August 18, 2014

And The List Goes On

As mentioned in The Shallows, the medium was changed previously from the print, to electronic media.  This change caused a shift in many factors of our life. It changed the way we give off information, as with changing the way we receive, and want to receive information. It changes culture and our daily routine. All the busy work done within our usual routine can be now done with the touch a screen. The latest smartphones can keep you organized with anything you need throughout the day, while keeping you entertained and informed with the latest news update of sports, politics, and more.  However, such change did not happen so suddenly. After decades of electronic media, the medium has only affected us as it does now, and I say only because with recent technology, nobody knows the capability and potential that electronic companies have in store.

All the change from the printing press to the present was all through the introduction of a new medium. The electronic media phase is not even done yet. So what's next? Can there possibly be a greater change? The possibilities are endless, and as time goes on, the list goes on. We would think that no great change is possible, but as teenagers, we haven't really experienced the change of a medium. We only experienced the development of a medium, as we were born into the electric media phase. Is it possible for much more of a change? Our culture is so heavily reliant on electronics now, that I personally would not be able to imagine a significant change, let alone, a new medium.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it's hard to imagine any possile change, but I think that is how people thought before the technologies that we have today. However there are already ways that google is trying to expand.Have you heard that they are making a self-driven car powered by Google that could be done within the next few years? That alone makes it seem like the possibilities are endless.The future is definitely in the hands of technology.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.