I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Agreeing with Clive Thompson

             After reading all the books assigned for summer homework, and finally finishing my notebook, I want to express which of the nonfiction books I enjoyed most. Although both Amusing Our Selves to Death, and Smarter Than You Think both had very good points and had an extremely well written layout, I would say that I enjoyed Smarter Than You Think by Clive Thompson the most. Part of my reasoning for liking this book more, would be because it was written much more recently than Amusing Our selves to Death, henceforth I could relate to more of the events and famous people mentioned. I was able to connect more with Smarter Than you Think and this allowed me to stay more focused while reading and contain more information. I loved all the examples Thompson used through out his book and I found it really nice that I actually heard about, or somehow knew, of those examples before reading, so I was able to understand how and why he used those examples. Amusing Our Selves to Death was my first summer book I read and I wasn't use to staying so focused into one thing for so long. Getting distracted happened all to much and due to this I forgot much of the material I was reading. On top of that all the people and daily activities mentioned seemed so old and out of date, therefore I couldn't relate very well. Maybe another read through each book would change my opinion, I'm just glad I read them in general because I can now enjoy talking about the positives and negatives of technology and give a little history about how new technology has changed humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.