Is the future in good hands? In Brave New World, a world with major technological is previewed, but it might not be what any of us would have imagined. The society is an artificial nightmare, with artificial birth and humans are destined for the workplace. With new technological advances, is this future really possible? It may not seem logical in the United States, but other countries with similar technological advances have less of a democratic country and more of a dictatorship. Countries like North Korea are able to do this because of their government centered society, where the public is not heard. This may also be possible due to overpopulation, and maybe sometime in the future, a corrupt government, and as a newer generation is born, the government will continue to brainwash their children, such as Hitler's use of propaganda on German citizens.
I believe that unless the newer generation that is arriving with a fresh mind, is able to be disciplined and taught to be more loyal to the government and the system of society, there will soon be a society somewhere that controls all aspects of a person. I believe this because there are many powerful, corrupt governments in the world, and with the money that they have, a lot of people will follow his deeds, thus giving him power over many's lives, and their children's lives, and the list continues until society before the nightmare is forgotten.
When I think about the future, it is a scary topic. We really do not know what is in store for us in the future. I do believe that the future will become one with a corrupt government that will be able to control our lives. I don't think it will be as extreme as it is in Brave New World but maybe it will have the same idea as the World State. Honestly I do not want to be around when we are controlled by a government that controls every aspect of our lives so if it does happen, let it be after I die of old age. One thing I can say for a fact that the future will be is technologically advanced. It can either help us or hurt us so let's control that.
ReplyDelete