I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Smartphones Are Ruining Our Lives?

      While I was on Twitter, I saw a tweet that said "15 Ways Your Smartphone Is Ruining Your Life" with a link on it. I obviously had to press it because it sounded interesting and went well with all of this technology stuff we are talking about. Some of the facts are kind of dumb, but some are actually pretty interesting. I was surprised because there was some facts that I didn't even know or ever heard of.
     We all have to admit, sometimes we bring our phones in the bathrooms with us, but did you know that one in six cell phones are contaminated with E. Coli which is pretty gross. Some of our phones might be contaminated and we don't even know. There are also some facts about cell phones in cars which is a pretty serious thing when you text and drive. This really made me think about how many things we do with our phones that could actually lead to some bad outcomes.
      Read some of these facts and see if you are part of any of the percentages.
http://www.alt987fm.com/photos/snap-shots/15-ways-your-smartphone-is-ruining-399365/22965805/#/14/22969939

4 comments:

  1. You're right Amy, I did find that some of these things applied to me and some things I didn't even know were there. For example I didn't know that using your phone for two hours make it harder to fall asleep. Now I know why I have trouble sleeping right away. Although we may not realize it our phones have a big impact on our lives, and it can actually lead to some problems later in life. Articles like these do sometimes make people think about what they're doing, but eventually they forget all about and go back to their norm of doing things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That website had me convinced that smartphones are ruining our lives! The bathroom one was especially nasty. I also found that I did a few of those steps applied to me. I think people's lives gravitate around smartphones, you just can't escape them. Even when you go to a store and checkout, they inform you that you can look up coupons on your smartphone! I think there should be more warnings and websites like this to tell people the consequences of using smartphones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so gross! But I definitely relate to some of the ways smartphones are ruining our lives. Especially the antisocial one. It brings back a memory to fifth grade, when my friends and I had a sleepover. All we did the whole time was look at our phones and giggle at what we were looking at. The day after, none of us really recalled having much fun. Smartphones can ruin your day, or most importantly, ruin the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can think of many ways smartphones are ruining our lives. Smartphones can be used to help people, but when people are not careful and make bad decisions, they can ruin their lives.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.