I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

AF: To the Thirty

Dear Thirty:

(I am speaking to the thirty people signed up for the blog who have not made one comment or written one post -- the thirty silent ones in the background.)

If I haven't heard from you by this Friday, I am going to delete you from the blog.   Blogging is part of the summer assignment, and it is the successful completion of the ENTIRE assignment that earns a seat in AP English 11 -- but even so, deleting you from the blog at this point is not the same as dropping you from the class.  It just cleans up the blog roll sheet and allows me to focus on the students who are writing.

If you still want a seat, you just will have to request the blog invitation all over again; and on Friday, there will only be two weeks left.

BLOG POSTS THAT GO UP AFTER MIDNIGHT ON (my birthday) AUGUST 22 WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR CREDIT.

By the way -- for the 52 kids still remaining...you still have plenty of work to do.  There are only two people who have, at this point, satisfied all of the requirements here on the blog -- 4 posts, and 8 comments.  Several have the comments finished, but the posts?  There is work to do.

I would really appreciate it if you would not bombard me with 200 posts and 600 comments during the last two weeks of summer.

An AP English class demands a thoughtful reader and writer -- not somebody just banging out a bunch of junk to make a deadline.  That does not fly well here.

2 comments:

  1. This isn't fair! Why do we have to finish everything on my birthday =P
    (August 21st)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday is the 22nd. Your work is your gift to me.

    I haven't dropped anyone from the blog yet because this move requires that I check to read every comment and post since July 31. I mean, I've been reading, but I haven't been making my marks on the tallysheet.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.