I heart xkcd
Art Project
Thursday, November 6, 2014
It is the Little Things
Reading The Happiness Advantage made me realize that I was not truly happy myself. I, like most of you reading this was stressed out very often with school and life in general. I was constantly worried about my grades and my future. As soon as I would get a good grade on a test or assignment, I would just focus on what was next. My mindset was that doing good in school would lead to a better future/job. Yet throughout all of this I never really felt happy, I just felt like a zombie mindlessly going through the motions. Once I realized that I was not happy myself, I decided to change the way I lived my life. Sure a good job and lots of money are great, but money can not buy happiness. Now I do not worry as much about school, I just focus on making myself and the people around me happy. I never take the little things for granted, whenever an opportunity to have fun presents itself I embrace it with open arms. Cause when your life is all said and done it will not be about the money or the hard work ethic as material things will eventually fade. All that will matter is whether or not you made the best of your life by making yourself and the people around you happy as can be. Those people you have a positive effect on will make sure your legacy never fades.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Matthew. I never knew how to say it or put it in words but " a zombie mindlessly going through the motions" is exactly how I feel. Everyday is just going to school, listening to teachers, practice, homework, then sleep(sometimes). I used to enjoy school but not so much anymore. Half the time I don't even remember what I learned in school. Anyways, you're right that money and material things eventually fade. Either that or they leave us wanting more, something better. Success doesn't satisfy people and won't make a person happy. People should focus more on becoming happy first than working for a future that may not even make tthem happy.
ReplyDeleteHonestly I thought I was the only one who felt like this. I feel like such a failure and disappointment lately. I barely do my homework and I don't study for anything because I'm always tired and all I want to do is sleep. I feel like I've spread myself too thin and now I have "senioritis" as a Junior which sucks. Reading this book really makes me want to be positive though. I agree with you both that money doesn't buy happiness because we just get greedy somehow and will never have enough. My new goal in life is to live it to the fullest and taking every opportunity I have to do something great.
DeleteI know exactly what you mean Mary. I've been so focused on trying to get my homework done and study, run well, remember everything for Mariners, and things just keep popping up at me that I am not happy. Its stressed out. I've been focusing on all the negative.
Delete