I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Different Mindsets, Different People

    Mindset by Carol Dweck talks about two different people in the world: Those with a fixed mindset and those with a growth. Through Dweck's book she explains the differences of these two mindsets and the impact it has on our lives.
   People with the growth mindset believe that anything can be achieved through effort and hard work, but fixed mindset people believe that you were born with the ability to do something or you were not. Those with the fixed mindsets tend to let failures define them, their self-esteem becomes low because of this, and they do not have as many opportunities to improve at something because they are afraid of taking risks. Growth mindsets always have the opportunity to improve because they dont let failures control them. All they think about is how they can be better through hard work.
   Dweck encourages people to have a growth mindset because there are more oppurtunities and you would get the best out of life. I liked the book but I was hoping that she'd encourage to have a balance of the mindsets instead. She does say that fixed mindsets are good somewhat at some points but she doesnt really elaborate on how. I believe that both mindsets are great to have only if they are properly balanced. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.