I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

AF: Research Help

Browse the New York Times collection called Room for Debate.  You will not walk away from this browsing experience without a solid idea.

Malik, here's that Washington Redskin video I was talking about.  I've asked football people young and old whether the team should change the name, and many say no.  Find out why.  Find the argument, the reason.  Read as much as you can.  Don't just make up your mind and stop reading.


Here's a starting point to start looking into income inequality in America.

Net Neutrality, kids.  If I were going to write a research paper, this is what I'd pick.  Since Obama speaks in favor of net neutrality, it automatically has a whole bevy of haters.  There's been a "Defend Net Neutrality" link over there in the sidebar since summer!  -->

Do you want to peek at a few samples?  I haven't studied these so I'm not sure; however, at first glance, I'm not knocked off of my seat.  There may be a gem in here.  Take a look, and just accept these for what they are worth...first glances?  Idea generators?

OK, I'm out.  I have a bunch of other stuff to do.

5 comments:

  1. The NYT Room for Debate series features great examples of research questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://boingboing.net/2014/11/12/america-is-crazy-when-it-comes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2014/11/12/what-it-really-means-to-be-a-public-school-educator-today/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia Cuarenta! http://www.saynotobigmoney.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anthony Sayas: http://thoughtcatalog.com/micah-j-murray/2013/11/how-feminism-hurts-men/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.