I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Friday, November 7, 2014

Third Mindset

In the book Mindset Carol Dweck talks about two specific mind sets ,growth mind set and fixed mind set. She pretty much says one is good and one is bad. This makes me very angry because the world is not black and white or good or evil, there are gray spots and more than two possible things. She makes growth mind seem perfect ,while fixed is something to be unwanted. Why can't Someone be successful with a fixed mindset? Just because someone is set in their ways doesn't make them less likely to be successful. She even says people can possess qualities of both ,so in a sense everyone just has different mind sets and there are not just two in the world. If everyone has mix , then there should be more than just two possibility  there could be infinite.

1 comment:

  1. I like the examples you used between evil and good. I feel Dweck repeats the same point about the fixed and growth mindset throughout all of the chapters. She only mentions the mixed mindsets very briefly, in a few sentences. Dweck should just state the facts, without being biased about the growth mindset.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.