While the Happiness Advantage certainly made
me see things differently, I began to realize that it’s harder to actually do
than just say. It’s difficult to be positive when our environment and society
is pretty negative, and optimistic people are probably endangered species. My
only request for you, my fellow peers, is to start thinking more positively so
we can spread it like wildfire and be happy because according to this book, how
we behave and act greatly influences each other.
Anyway, The Happiness Advantage principle calls for us to
retrain our brains to focus on the positive side of things which can then help
us by improving our productivity and performance. Another is called The Fulcrum
and the Lever that states that with the movement of our fulcrum (mindset) in
the right way, we can exert more power when moving the lever (our potential
power and possibility we think we have. The Tetris Effect explains that we are
able to train our brains to look for positive patterns and seize opportunities
whenever possible. My favorite one is probably the 20-Second Rule because it
reminded me that smaller tasks that are easier to achieve is a great place to start when one is trying to begin a habit.
Overall, I do not regret choosing this book because I
enjoyed it and it has taught me many valuable lessons that would definitely
help me to become a better student and a better person who has a generally
positive vibe and does work effectively. I guess the real success in life isn’t
what your house or job is someday, it’s about how you lived it and whether you
were genuinely happy. Thank you for your time. (:
I found that once i was truly happy, academics became way easier. It was like a switch was flipped and I absorbed information like never before.
ReplyDeleteNegativity truly is a bad thing when it comes to advancing and being your best. It is difficult to do anything when you feel down because you often feel like there is no point. Therefore it makes sense that we achieve greater things when we are happy and surrounded by positive vibes. I read Outliers, but I will take time out to read this book because positivity is a great thing that isn't spread far enough in this world.
ReplyDeleteOverall, I'd say that I'm a pretty positive person. But after looking back over the past couple of months, I'm able to picture all the negatives which have brought me down, specifically stress. Stress from homework (*cough* Mr. Nguyen) and procrastinating put me in a bad mood, and I end up complaining and worrying myself to death.
ReplyDeleteInstead, I should think like this - "Mr. Nguyen's homework will be worth it, and will help me succeed in math! Every equation will be drilled into the depths of my soul, and will follow me to my grave."
Yeah, I honestly don't know if I'm being sarcastic or not. But I know that having a positive mindset will definitely put me in a better mood.
I agree that it's way easier said than done! Sure we know what to do and how we can change our way of thinking and actions, but it's actually a lot more work. I'm definitely trying to be more positive though!
ReplyDelete