Kids, I'm sorry, but I have to push this essay out into the future. (The Education essay is already sitting out there, right?) This weekend, I'm reading your Locavore, Florence Kelly, and Thomas Paine essays, and grading your David Sedaris (rhetorical analysis) and vocab final. Plus I'm writing to you from behind a mountain of notebooks. Plenty to look at; plenty to do. So relax this weekend, read a book, discover some new music, get your other classes caught up, and get ready for Semester Two -- in many ways, more intense than Semester One.
Keep an eye out for a message from me; once I have one or two of the essays graded, I will share a document with you that will enable you to see your "live" AP score.
Thank you to everyone who came in and helped me to get this paper pile beaten down into some semblance of order. That act of kindness will definitely make its way into your letters of recommendation next year.

I read one of those books... We Were Liars. I liked it.
ReplyDelete