I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Sunday, January 11, 2015

AF: Preparing for Semester 1 Conferences

Here's the notebook portion.  How's your notebook looking?

What am I missing? Check your notebooks and tell me what I am forgetting to check for.


First, the Summer Homework






September

  • About Me Page
  • SOAPS
  • Sentence Work (9/22) simple, complex, compound, complex-compound
  • Describe your bedroom
  • Describe a place where you a perfectly content


October

  • Groucho Marx/Warner Brothers (10/1-2) stamped
  • How and why we annotate (10/7) notes
  • Girl scout ad (10/8) -- rhetoric of images
  • John Downe (10/9) notes
  • Big Assignment:  JFK Inaugural Address -- Descriptive Outline
  • Star Wars
  • Controversial topics
  • Freewrite Friday
  • Sentence frame from They Say/I Say (Curious George stamp)


Multiple Choice Monday -- 3 Mondays on one page


November

  • Freewrite Friday (11-7)
  • Argument Structure - in graphic structure
  • Stasis Theory
  • Loop Writing
  • How to fix a run-on


Vocabulary -- 8 pages of vocab, through the Awakening

Make a New Section in Your Notebook entitled “January Semester Review”

1 comment:

  1. I don't have my notebook out right now, but off the top of my head I remember making an entry about a scar in either September or early October.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.