I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Sunday, June 15, 2014

AF: Lucky 13

So far, I've received thirteen blog requests -- 9 people are signed up and 4 are pending.  So welcome, to the Early 13:  Avram, Babylika, Emma, Paula, Matthew, Jenny, Noelle, Janelle, Jocelyn (all signed in), and Jesus, Analise, Bailee and Alex (still pending).

I'm going on a quick little 4-day camping vacation at the end of this week to participate in a wedding (as the Officiant), and I will be OFFLINE for four days.  I can't believe it.  I can't wait, actually.

So this is the last week that you can pop in to ask me questions in person; as we wrap up the school year, get grades figured out, and witness the seniors graduate, I will keep up with you out here.  But then I'll be GONE AND SILENT until June 24.

Make sure you take some time away from the computer.  In fact, read about the Technology Fast proposed by Andrew Postman in the Introduction to the 25th anniversary edition.  Anyone want to try it?  Twenty-four hours, NO technology:  no phone, no music, no gaming, no TV or DVD, no landline telephoning -- just "go dark" for 24-hours and see what happens.

Try it.  You might like it.  Have some uninterrupted thoughts.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow over half of those people didn't even blog once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this and thinking to myself, "Wow. These guys are dedicated." I hope to see them in class. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.