I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

AF: Fun facts

First student post in 2011 was on June 8.  First student post in 2012, June 13.  First student post in 2013, June 23.  Number of June posts in 2011: 58; in 2012, 17; in 2013, 19. Total number of page views to date on this blog: 696.  Total number of blog requests to date, 42.  Number of invitations sent, 42.  Total number of students who asked for access with a valid Gmail account: 40.  Number of open invitations, 13.  Number of registered students who COULD post right now 27.  Number of student posts to date, zero.  Zero.

I'm just sayin' -- this is how AP English Language works.  Dozens of kids like the IDEA of AP English, but when it comes time to write "out loud" here in this public space, they hesitate.  Come on, kids.  SOMEBODY has to go first.  Aren't you sick of reading only me?

2 comments:

  1. I admit that this was rather strange since I've never heard of a teacher assigning a blogging assignment. Or maybe I just need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can bet that there was a strong hesitation to post, because everyone was waiting for the first student to post, so they can use that student as an example of how to write.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.