I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

AF: FAQs

I will update this post as needed, and link to it.  When you ask me a good question, I'll answer it here.

Q:  Do we have to write down the "Pre-reading" activities that were assigned with Carr/Thompson?
A:  "Pre-reading" can only be done one time -- you don't have to "pre-read" every chapter the way you have to "read" and "post-read."  So, yes, I do want you to write down what you discover when you "pre-read" the book, but that's it.  Do it once, for the whole book, and write it down.
Q:  Do our posts need to be about the books, or can they be about anything technology related?
A:  "Anything" covers quite a bit of territory, so be smart about it, but I am open to you making connections between what you are reading this summer and the things you've read and know already.

Q:  Where and when can I turn in my notebook?
A:  You will turn in your notebook to the front office -- there will be a big box up there with my name on it.  Mr. Headley and Mrs. Kodesh also collect summer work in the front office; we've been doing it this way for years, and without problems.  I will also be on campus off and on during July and August, so if you finish early and send me an email, I can let you know if I'll be around if you want to put your work in my hand directly.  Important fact:  the front office closes at 3:00 p.m., so notebooks are due by 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 21.  I will pick up all the work at 3:00 p.m., and anything that comes in after that will simply be returned to you by your new English teacher.

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope I did everything right. It'd shame if something was wrong and I wasn't permitted into class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I originally thought that the notebooks were due on August 26th, so when someone told me I was wrong, I became flabbergasted.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.