I heart xkcd
Art Project
Sunday, June 21, 2015
Summertime Sadness
I've been looking at old blogs. Or trying to at least... I'm assuming the others are blocked off to stop the incoming juniors from cheating, but the 2012-13 year is still open for some reason. I don't know why, but I'm kind of glad it was... and I spent the last 3 hours reading their old blog posts. It's been helping me adjust to the idea of being a senior, especially because I recognize all of their names and I think, "Shannon was a scared junior/senior, and she's fine and happy at UCLA! And Kirsten's at CSULB, and she seems pretty happy when she comes home every day!" The farewell post helped the most. I don't want to accept rejection before I even apply, but lately, all I can think about is how even if I don't go to an Ivy League or even a UC, my life will go on at a Cal State or community. I can still do good things, and good things can still happen to me. I think that's something we should all keep in mind as senior year comes up and we get caught up in all of our AP classes and extracurriculars and college apps and I'm gonna stop now. I'll miss you guys, but I'll see you in August. Until then, stay awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stay awesome yourself, Lina Elasmar. It's gonna be stressful, but you -- like every senior before you -- will land somewhere good. How was Yasmin's first year? Is she happy at CSULB?
ReplyDeleteShe likes it! She's in student government and a few other clubs, and she'll be graduating early!
DeleteOh, that Farewell post made me sad. Why don't I do that every year? I should. And I should go block every blog now. Ugh. But the cheating thing is real.
ReplyDeleteDid you suspect that your brother sent me that link about gender bias in the sciences? Do you know that he is a feminist?
ReplyDeleteI knew. I knew almost immediately when I read it, it sounded like him, but there was still that hint of doubt so I didn't want to assume... If you see him this summer, I have a letter from himself to him! In sophomore year, Garvin makes us all write a letter to ourselves in 4 years, and she sends them out every year on the same day she assigns the letter to her current class, so she sent his to our home address but yeah. So, if I can get that to you eventually this summer, can you pass it on when you see him?
DeleteI knew. I knew almost immediately when I read it, it sounded like him, but there was still that hint of doubt so I didn't want to assume... If you see him this summer, I have a letter from himself to him! In sophomore year, Garvin makes us all write a letter to ourselves in 4 years, and she sends them out every year on the same day she assigns the letter to her current class, so she sent his to our home address but yeah. So, if I can get that to you eventually this summer, can you pass it on when you see him?
Delete