Hi Kids:
I have writing homework tonight; plus, I promised to get whatever assignments teachers have given me up on the summer homework blog (that's my project). Plus, this is my last opportunity to get Period 5 notebooks looked at and returned to students before summer, AND I have to write some kind of sub plan for 5th period (7:30-9:30 am), and guess what? It is Grapes of Wrath, the movie. I have a crush on young Henry Fonda in this movie, who plays Tom Joad.
If you have work for me, there is a basket in my room set aside for that purpose. It is obvious and easy to find. I will pick it up tomorrow after I get back from the writing institute.
As far as all of the rest of the work I will look at -- I have asked for and received an extension. Report cards will be run on Monday, so I have this weekend to get grades entered. Everybody is pretty darn close to where they will ultimately end up, anyway -- as I think I mentioned the other day in 2nd period, the two assignments I want to look at pretty closely are the two synthesis essays, which are "performance" grades. The quality of your writing has to be the deciding factor when you are between grades (D to C, C to B, B to A). Everything else (lit circles, personal statements, some timed writes from early spring) builds your "participation" grade, which is very helpful.
Thank you for your hard work and general academic awesomeness this year, and thank you especially for your sweet personalities. You can pick up your portfolios up from me in the fall, or by appointment this summer.
Email me with any issues, and keep in touch! Don't forget about Mayfair Reads!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.