I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I miss you kids

When I was reading over the long list of names on the AP Score Report, I could visualize your faces and it made me a little homesick.

OK, here's how we did as a class:  we had just a few 5s this year, and I'd like to publicly congratulate them here:  3 cheers for Kaila Douglass, Jessica Mendoza and Bao Ton!  Great job on test day, kids!

confetti photo: Confetti Confetti.gif 
Overall, our pass rate was 59%, with 3 5s, 14 4s, 19 3s, 21 2s and 4 1s.  This is pretty much in line with where we land as a school every year, and almost identical to last year's results in terms of pass rate.

I'm sure that many of you who earned 2s feel regret, but please work on moving past that feeling as soon as possible.  Likewise, I'm sure that there are 1s who wished they earned 2s, 3s who were hoping for 4s, and so on.  We always wish we could have done better, but remember that this is one test on one day.  All of you made progress as writers and thinkers, and I enjoyed your class very much.

Have a great summer.  Stay in touch next year, and feel free to write to me if you have any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.