I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Project for Awesome!

So this isn't exactly related to AP English, but it is related to books and I need some sort of opinion on this because I'm an indecisive loser. Anyway, every year, the YouTube community gets together and does this thing called Project for Awesome (raising money for charity to fight worldsuck). For the first half of the campaign, the money donated goes straight to organizations fighting Ebola in West Africa. For the second half of the campaign (which we are now in), the money goes to one of the charities that receives the most votes on the P4A page.

So I wanted to donate $10, but when i went to donate, I found out you can also get things for "donations' (you're basically buying really cool but overpriced stuff). So when i looked down the list, there was a Paper Towns book (my favorite of all of John Green's books) signed by the entire Paper Towns cast (sold out, I totally would've bought it at $150, no hesitation). And there's this exclusive copy of The Fault in our Stars with a green cover that's signed by John Green and I think it'd be awesome to have it, but it's $125. That's a lot of money for one book. And i love the story, but it's not even my favorite book out of the ones he's written. But i want it. And it's for charity. But it's $125.

So, I'm sorry for wasting your time with that really long story, but I'm tearing myself apart over this... Go donate to P4A if you can!!

http://www.projectforawesome.com/

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lina, because the Internet can't accurately convey my snarky sense of humor, I just want to clarify that I was insinuating that, while I don't think you're indecisive, I think you are a loser.

      Everyone else, this isn't romance. Lina and I are not romantically involved. There is absolutely zero affection here. You can pack, wrap, or gift us, but you cannot ship us.

      Delete
  2. I would yell at you through the comments in all caps for the loser comment, but that last line... yes. Just yes. So many emojis I wish I could use right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait until you guys get married and take over the world together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you here???^^^ Jk, love you Anvita! ;) But still. No. -___-

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.