I heart xkcd

I heart xkcd
Art Project

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Books Are Endangered Species

I'm not sure if anyone really goes on here anymore, but when I saw this, I just felt like it's something I should share. Anyway, someone just posted this on Twitter and I don't know who actually said it. I personally prefer physical books over electronic ones so I suppose it's why this particular photo caught my attention.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! I'm glad you're out here. I'm reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, where did this come from? You ought to cite it.
    I love that phrase "the death of inwardness," but I hate what it portends. I was just talking to my period 3 seniors about this today. There are so few conditions where we can just be quiet and reflective. I don't want books to become strictly utilitarian. There has to be a page to dream on.

    On the other hand, some texts are probably best experienced in a very practical, information gathering manner. I think it's the purpose we've set for reading, the genre...we just cannot forget HOW and WHY to be quiet with a book.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.